VR Games Can Help Vertigo Patients

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Frogman
    Participant

My aunt has vertigo. She feels nauseated whenever she travels long distances. I recently found out that virtual reality can help patients with vertigo as long as the games don’t require too much movement. I guess the Shark Attack game is a good one to start with.

BlackLord
    Participant

I just made a post appreciating how versatile the virtual reality system is, but I didn’t think of using it as a medical treatment. Does it work like habituation, creating simple shaking situation so that the patient gradually becomes less prone to developing vertigo? Based on the Shark Attack video posted here, the movements are pretty sudden and strong.

Frogman
    Participant

I don’t know if my example about the Shark Attack was good. I was thinking of the directional treatment for the vertigo patients. We can get disoriented when we in the sky or under the sea with no land orientation. I think what the VR application does is to help correct the ear orientation, which is the one that causes disorientation of vertigo patients.

BlackLord
    Participant

Based on my simple Google search, the scientists are still working on this topic. I hope the results stay positive. I imagine that they can even create a virtual assistant program which can help various kinds of patients in need of regular support or exercise plan. There is no limit!

Frogman
    Participant

Definitely, the sky’s the limit for VR applications. Virtual reality can take us to a different reality where people could be cured by playing a game. If this experiment works then I will immediately tell my aunt about this treatment so she can be treated for her vertigo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.